Friday, November 26, 2010

You know you're a redneck when...

The kids went to the rink on Wednesday for the free skate which was cancelled due to a junior high hockey game. But the rink said that they would have one Friday to make up for it. So today we all went to the rink. I was out at the van getting Willow in the snuggli, and Andy went in with Harper and Carly to get their skates on. When I got in Harper was already on the ice skating. I went into the dressing room and Andy had Carly ready to go and was getting his skates on. Then a parent came in and their kid, and they were talking about the kids that were there and the ones that hadn't showed up yet. Then my eyes wandered to the corner where I saw a mountain of presents. So, I asked..."is this a free skate?" SHe answered "no it's a birthday". We felt so dumb and explained that we thought it wasd a free skate. They were very nice and invited us to stay......we felt so dumb! So, you know you're a redneck when you crash birthday parties to get a free skate in!

No comments: